Pacific Ridge differs from many residential alcohol and drug treatment programs by recommending family members or other support persons participate in as many treatment activities as possible, including the intake appointment. There is no extra cost for support person involvement.
We welcome family and friends of residents at Pacific Ridge. Please follow the guidelines below when visiting a resident:
- To be added to a resident’s approved visitors list you can ask other family members who have been participating in treatment to let the resident know, or you can leave a message for that resident on the answering machine, asking that you be added to their visitor list.
- Check the patient schedule. There are several break/visiting times available. Please note that each time you visit, you need to attend the treatment session (highlighted in blue on the schedule) immediately before or after the visiting time OR attend a pre-scheduled family therapy session with the resident.
- All sessions start promptly on time, and visitors arriving late will not be allowed to enter. Our primary focus is treatment, and family treatment is very important in our program.
- As a visitor, you need to sign the visitor’s book every time you come to Pacific Ridge.
- Children are welcome to attend group sessions if they can benefit from the session and can act appropriately and not distract others. We have no babysitting capacity at Pacific Ridge and children must be supervised by their parents at all times.
- Support people need to be clean and sober during the time their loved one is in treatment at Pacific Ridge.
- Visitors must not bring nicotine, candy, beverages, food, cellphones, or other non-allowed items into the facility.
To assist family who come from out of town and need lodging, we have arranged a special discounted rate with Shilo Inn on Market Street in Salem. Be sure to tell them you are using the Pacific Ridge discount rate.